Stop, take a minute and look around. Every day. It’s not about the big …
One day I will sit here, in this very place, and write and think and drink wine …
I’m a weird kid. Always have been, always will. So what? It takes way more …
Let go. Be a little reckless. Get out of your comfort zone and live. Love. …
Sometimes a girl needs a special place to lie down in and read, eat cupcakes …
Success does not happen overnight. Be prepared to do whatever it takes. 10 jobs I did along the way.
1. Full time nanny (aged 12) for 3 kids of struggling, single mum
2. Office temp.
3. Sold wild rice at livestock fair
4. Sold milk at same livestock fair
5. Shoe saleswoman
6. Sales assistant at small pharmacy; price tagged products and worked cash register.
7. Door to door flyer delivery in sub-zero, Canadian winters
8. Mail opener at tv station in London
9. Low level paper pusher at import/export company in dank, East London warehouse.
10. Sold jeans and sweatshirts at a retail store
Be the zag to life’s zig.
Successful people have the ability to look back on their lives with compassion for their mistakes and gratitude for everything they have encountered along the way. For these are the things that SHAPED them.
Just keep going. One foot in front of the other.
Do you - respectfully. Go against the grain - respectfully. Push boundaries - …
If you pretend to be someone you’re not, and it’s a someone LOTS of people like, maybe even love…. remember this; they’re not in love with YOU. They’re in love with the representative you sent. Now tell me… how on earth can that be fulfilling? Be yourself. For God sakes, just get good at that! Then those who are still around will really matter. Sure that group might be a smaller number. But boy will they count.
Shannon Fitzgerald/The Accidental Executive
Make eye contact; it lets people know you are present when talking to them. …